With the following data protection declaration, we would like to inform you about the types of your personal data (hereinafter also referred to as „data“ for short) that we process, for what purposes and to what extent. The data protection declaration applies to all processing of personal data carried out by us, both as part of the provision of our services and, in particular, on our websites, in mobile applications and within external online presences, such as our social media profiles (hereinafter collectively referred to as „Online Offer“).
The terms used are not gender-specific.
Status: August 1, 2023
Table of contents
- Person responsible
- Overview of processing operations
- Relevant legal basis
- Security measures
- Deletion of data
- Rights of the data subjects
- Provision of the online offer and web hosting
Relevant legal basis
Relevant legal bases according to the DSGVO: Below you will find an overview of the legal bases of the DSGVO, on the basis of which we process personal data. Please note that in addition to the provisions of the GDPR, national data protection regulations may apply in your or our country of residence or domicile. Furthermore, should more specific legal grounds apply in individual cases, please note that these will not apply.
- Legitimate interests (Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f) GDPR) – Processing is necessary to protect the legitimate interests of the controller or a third party, unless such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require the protection of personal data.
National data protection regulations in Germany: In addition to the data protection regulations of the GDPR, national regulations on data protection apply in Germany. These include, in particular, the Act on Protection against Misuse of Personal Data in Data Processing (Federal Data Protection Act – BDSG). In particular, the BDSG contains special regulations on the right to information, the right to erasure, the right to object, the processing of special categories of personal data, processing for other purposes and transmission, as well as automated decision-making in individual cases, including profiling. Furthermore, state data protection laws of the individual federal states may apply.
Overview of processing
The following overview summarizes the types of data processed and the purposes of their processing and refers to the data subjects.
Types of data processed
- Usage data.
- Meta, communication and procedural data.
Categories of data subjects
Purposes of processing.
- Security measures.
- Provision of our online offer and user-friendliness.
- Information technology infrastructure.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures in accordance with the legal requirements, taking into account the state of the art, the implementation costs and the nature, scope, circumstances and purposes of the processing, as well as the different probabilities of occurrence and the extent of the threat to the rights and freedoms of natural persons, in order to ensure a level of protection appropriate to the risk.
The measures include, in particular, safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data by controlling physical and electronic access to the data as well as access to, input of, disclosure of, assurance of availability of and segregation of the data. Furthermore, we have established procedures to ensure the exercise of data subjects‘ rights, the deletion of data, and responses to data compromise. Furthermore, we already take the protection of personal data into account during the development or selection of hardware, software as well as procedures in accordance with the principle of data protection, through technology design and through data protection-friendly default settings.
TLS encryption (https): To protect your data transmitted via our online offer, we use TLS encryption. You can recognize such encrypted connections by the prefix https:// in the address line of your browser.
Deletion of data
The data processed by us will be deleted in accordance with the legal requirements as soon as their consents permitted for processing are revoked or other permissions cease to apply (e.g. if the purpose of processing this data has ceased to apply or it is not required for the purpose). If the data are not deleted because they are required for other and legally permissible purposes, their processing will be limited to these purposes. That is, the data is blocked and not processed for other purposes. This applies, for example, to data that must be retained for reasons of commercial or tax law or whose storage is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person.
Our data protection notices may also contain further information on the retention and deletion of data, which will take precedence for the respective processing operations.
Rights of the data subjects
Rights of data subjects under the GDPR: As a data subject, you are entitled to various rights under the GDPR, which arise in particular from Articles 15 to 21 of the GDPR:
- Right to object: You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you which is carried out on the basis of Article 6(1)(e) or (f) DSGVO; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. If the personal data concerning you is processed for the purpose of direct marketing, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for the purpose of such marketing; this also applies to profiling insofar as it is related to such direct marketing.
- Right to withdraw consent: You have the right to revoke any consent given at any time.
- Right to information: you have the right to request confirmation as to whether data in question is being processed and to information about this data, as well as further information and a copy of the data in accordance with the legal requirements.
- Right to rectification: you have the right, in accordance with the law, to request that data concerning you be completed or that inaccurate data concerning you be rectified.
- Right to erasure and restriction of processing: You have the right, in accordance with the law, to request that data relating to you be erased immediately or, alternatively, to request restriction of the processing of the data in accordance with the law.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format in accordance with the legal requirements, or to demand its transfer to another responsible party.
- Complaint to supervisory authority: without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the requirements of the GDPR.
Provision of the online offer and web hosting
We process the users‘ data in order to provide them with our online services. For this purpose, we process the user’s IP address, which is necessary to transmit the content and functions of our online services to the user’s browser or terminal device.
- Types of data processed: Usage data (e.g. web pages visited, interest in content, access times). Meta, communication and procedural data (e.g. IP addresses, time data, identification numbers, consent status).
- Data subjects: Users (e.g., website visitors, users of online services).
- Purposes of processing: provision of our online offer and user-friendliness; information technology infrastructure (operation and provision of information systems and technical equipment (computers, servers, etc.).). Security measures.
- Legal grounds: legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DSGVO).
Further notes on processing processes, procedures and services:
- Provision of online offer on rented storage space: For the provision of our online offer, we use storage space, computing capacity and software that we rent or otherwise obtain from a corresponding server provider (also called „web hoster“); legal basis: legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DSGVO).
- Collection of access data and log files: Access to our online offer is logged in the form of so-called „server log files“. The server log files may include the address and name of the web pages and files accessed, the date and time of access, data volumes transferred, notification of successful access, browser type and version, the user’s operating system, referrer URL (the previously visited page) and, as a rule, IP addresses and the requesting provider. The server log files may be used, on the one hand, for security purposes, e.g., to prevent server overload (especially in the event of abusive attacks, so-called DDoS attacks) and, on the other hand, to ensure the utilization of the servers and their stability; Legal basis: Legitimate interests (Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f) DSGVO). Deletion of data: Log file information is stored for a maximum period of 30 days and then deleted or anonymized. Data whose further storage is required for evidentiary purposes is exempt from deletion until final clarification of the respective incident.
Definitions of terms
This section provides you with an overview of the terms used in this privacy statement. If the terms are defined by law, their legal definitions apply. The following explanations, on the other hand, are intended primarily to aid understanding.
- Personal data: „Personal data“ means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter „data subject“); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier (e.g. cookie) or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- Controller: „Controller“ means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
- Processing: „Processing“ means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon personal data, whether or not by automatic means. The term is broad and includes virtually any handling of data, whether collecting, evaluating, storing, transmitting or deleting.